Chef’s Mise en place tips: make the Royale (custard mix) for the dish up to 1 day ahead and store, covered in the refrigerator.
Bake the bread pudding early in the day and reheat before serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup favorite liqueur (such almond, coffee or chocolate)
- ½ cup coconut milk, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 slices left over bread or challah
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9X9 square casserole or 9-inch round.
- Whisk together eggs, favorite liqueur, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Arrange bread in prepared pan. Pour mixture over bread and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, place in preheated oven and bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Scoop bread pudding into dessert glasses or...eat it right out of the casserole.