- Cook Time
- Depends on how you slice the cake ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal I used regular, not quick cooking
- 3 cup flour I used whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk I used unsweetened Mimic Creme with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries-fresh or frozen Next time I will use more blueberries, maybe up to another cup.
Preheat oven to 375, grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
1. Combine sugar, oatmeal, flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add oil, egg and buttermilk; mix well.
3. Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan; sprinkle with blueberries. Bake at 375°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until brown.