Whole grains and blueberries make a perfect summer cake, non dairy too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup soymilk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup quick-cooking oats (you can grind old fashioned oats)
- 2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, soymilk and lemon mixture, brown sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter until blended. Fold in the oats, blueberries and white chocolate chips if desired.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by mixing confectioners sugar with water, drizzle over cake before serving.