- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1-1/2 cups:flour
- 1 teaspoon:cracked pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces:blue cheese, (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup:butter, do not use margarine
- 1 cup:chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 egg :yolks, slightly beaten
- In a bowl combine flour and pepper. Cut in cheese and butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts and egg yolks. Stir until combined. Form mixture into a ball; knead with hands until it clings together. (10-20 minutes) Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into a log approximately 9 inches long. Wrap logs in plastic - chill for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 425. Cut each log into 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Place slices slightly apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms and edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store tightly, covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Serves 10 to 12.