- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 medium:celery stalks, trimmed
- 4 medium:carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 medium:head green cabbage
- 3 medium shallots,:peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup:red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup:mayonnaise
- 1 cup:crumbled blue cheese
- For the coleslaw:
- Slice each celery stalk in half, then slice celery very thinly on a bias at a slight angle; you should have about 3 cups.
- Fit a mandoline or a food processor with a medium-toothed (about 1/8-inch) shredding blade.
- Cut carrots in half and shred them; you should have about 4 1/2 cups.
- Cut a v-shaped notch into the cabbage half on either side of the core to remove it then cut the cabbage in half again lengthwise.
- Slice cabbage pieces very thinly crosswise. Combine celery, carrots, cabbage, and shallots in a very large glass mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine vinegar, mayonnaise, and blue cheese, and mix well.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add dressing to vegetables, and mix until evenly coated.
- Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Serves 6.