This classic dessert is quick and easy to make. It's a great recipe for teaching children to bake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup soft margarine, melted
- 1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a square pan (8×8) with cooking spray and lightly flour it.
3. Whisk together melted margarine and sugar in a bowl. Add egg substitute and vanilla extract and whisk. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool before cutting.