- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7-8 ServingsServings
- For the slaw:
- 8 ounces black quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup snap peas, bias cut
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup scallions, bias cut
- 1 mango, diced small
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to garnishFor the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, mince
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
1 Rinse black quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place black quinoa in boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
2 In a small bowl combine orange juice, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha sauce. Slowly whisk in sesame oil to create an emulsion. Set aside to incorporate flavors in dressing.
3 In a large bowl combine black quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, scallions, mango, and cilantro.
4 Fold in dressing and let chill in fridge. When ready to serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of www.indianharvest.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org