Few ingredients, easy prep, and modern, fresh flavors…what is not to like about this dish? You can make all the components in advance and plate ingredients as needed; simply cook lentils and beets and puree sauce, and store separately in fridge until ready to plate.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 main dishes or 8 side dishesServings
- 2 cups cooked black lentils
- 1 large beet, cooked and diced*
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Blend arugula, basil, garlic, goat cheese, milk, salt, and black pepper using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor.
2. Place ¼ cup of goat cheese dressing in center of plate.
3. Use a spoon to spread dressing across plate.
4. Top with lentils, diced beets, and fresh baby arugula for garnish.
5. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over plated dish, if you would like for extra richness.
* Cook beet by either roasting or simmering:
For roasting: Place beet on a large square of aluminum foil and drizzle with a bit of oil, wrap tightly, and roast in a 375°F oven for about an hour. Allow to cool, peel, and dice.
For simmering: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, lower heat, and place unpeeled (but washed) beet in water and simmer until tender, about 35 minutes. Cool, peel, and dice.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.