- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 1/2 cup ServingsServings
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 cup diced onions 250 mL
- 1 medium jalapeno, cut into thinly sliced rounds (with seeds) 1
- 1 cup water 250 mL
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300g) frozen black-eyed peas 1
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves 1 mL
- 1/2 cup diced tomato 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
1 Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Immediatley reduce heat to medium, add onions and jalapeno, and coof 3-4 minutes or until beginning to turn golden.
2 Add water; bring to a boil over high heat. Add peas, 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar, and thyme. Return to a boil.
3 Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes or until peas are tender. Remove from heat and add tomato, remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) vinegar, and salt.