- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large sauté pan, cook green beans in olive oil over medium high heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes more or until onion is translucent and beans are tender.
- Add black eyed peas, hot sauce, salt, chili powder and garlic powder and stir to combine. Heat 2 to 4 minutes and serve immediately.