This is a recipe I found in The Cooking Cardiologist cook book. I'll give you the recipe but I varied a little in the preparation. I put in everything raw into my pressure cooker and cooked it on high pressure for 20 minutes due to the brown rice. I didn't use the dressing. I used it with salmon (from the pouches from Bumble Bee). I added about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar to my single serving and about 1/2 cup of black olives also. We ate this during the 9 days. Actually you can eat this alone or add meat, fish, or chicken to it as a one dish meal.
- Cook Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cup brown rice
- 15 ounce can chopped tomato The recipe called for a tomato that is seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup celery thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro optional
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- 2 teaspoon garlic fresh and crushed
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
I have an electric pressure cooker. I browned the celery, pepper,and onion for about 3-4 minutes using about 1 tablespoon olive oil. I added the beans,raw rice, and canned chopped tomatoes with about 4 cups of water. I set it for high pressure for 20 minutes to cook the rice. I never used the dressing.
It is tasty hot, warm or cold. When I had it the next day, I added about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and about 1/2 cup of black olives.