- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 2 15 .5-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, rinsed under warm water and thawed
- ½ pound jicama, peeled and diced? (two 8-ounce cans of water chestnuts rinsed and diced may be substituted for jicama)
- 1 sweet red pepper, remove seeds and dice
- 5 whole green onions, cleaned and chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (refrigerated or fresh)
- ½ or whole bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splendau20281 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 Combine vegetables, garlic and cilantro in 2-quart covered bowl.
2 Measure dressing ingredients into a pint jar. Cover jar tightly, shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir thoroughly.
3 Marinate in refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
4 4. Use a slotted spoon to move vegetables to serving bowl to reduce amount of dressing. Serve, with slotted spoon, as a condiment with chips, tacos, fajitas or as a salad.
5 Salsa may be refrigerated up to