Weeknight dinners have never been so easy. Cook sweet potatoes a day or two in advance and reap the benefits all week long with tasty and fun stuffed sweets.
For best results, make sure to use a high quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred product is great here), sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Garnish: sliced scallions, sour cream, grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and cook at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a fork can easily pierce potatoes.
3. While potatoes are cooking, sauté onion in a large sauté pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat until caramelized and brown. Add red peppers and garlic and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Add chile powder, tomato paste, tomato puree, and black beans. Simmer the mixture.
5. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a quarter-inch thick wall so that the potato can support the filling without breaking.
6. Add scooped potato flesh to chile mixture and combine. It is ok if there are chunks of potato. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. Divide chile between potato halves.
8. Before serving, pop stuffed potatoes back into the oven and heat until bubbly.
9. Garnish with scallions, sour cream, and grated cheese.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.