- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup bulgur wheat, dry
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 -12 ounce can chick peas, drained
- 1 -12 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped and sautéed
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste (if using water)
- (optional) 1 can of cooked corn, drained may be added
1 Simmer for 15 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid.
2 Sauté onions in a small amount of vegetable oil or soften in microwave oven.
3 Combine all ingredients and serve hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Source: Wheat Foods Council