We’ve taken the traditional Israeli candy and turned it into a sweet spread you can put on cookies, bread, pretzels...anything.
The best quality ingredients are key to getting a great tasting halva spread. Opt for the best quality tahini and superior quality Dutch cocoa powder (like Valrhona brand).
Once made, store this spread in a covered jar or container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. But with its deliciously addictive quality, it will probably be eaten before then.
- Prep Time
- 1½ CupServings
- 1 cup tahini
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Silan (date honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Garnish: sea salt
1. In a small bowl, stir to combine tahini, chocolate, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and salt.
2. Transfer spread to a covered jar or container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.