We like the idea of a warm, comforting soup at lunchtime at your desk or anywhere. We love quick and easy but don’t like the chemicals and preservatives in many of the popular brands of Ramen. Make your own Better Than Ramen quickly and easily with these suggestions.
1 quart glass canning jar (this size gives plenty of room for the goodies and for the noodles to expand)
3 cup insulated beverage container
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ounces rice stick noodles, soaked in very hot water for 10 minutes, then drained
- 1 cup shredded bok choy cabbage, kale, or baby spinach
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ½ small red pepper, diced
- 1 baby beet, grated
- ½ cup tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cooked chicken, turkey, or leftover brisket, shredded (optional)
- 2½ cups chicken or veggie broth, homemade or purchased, heated to a simmer and transferred to insulated container
1. Layer rice stick noodles, bok choy, celery, carrot, red pepper, beet, tofu, ginger, scallions, and meat (if using) in the glass jar. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days. If no refrigeration is available, eliminate meat.
2. Fifteen minutes before eating, pour broth over veggies and noodles. Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Stir and eat.