This granita is the perfect summer treat. The berries and basil are a refreshing combination of flavors. Once you make it with berries, try switching it up and use watermelon.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 lb. mixed red berries
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (2 or 3 tablespoons once minced
- 1/4 lb. powdered sugar
1. Wash the fruit, dry it and blend with the sugar.
2. Transfer into the freezer and allow to rest for 3 hours.Place back into the blender and process again until smooth. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour, stirring/breaking the crystals with a fork every now and then.
3. Decorate with the freshly minced basil and serve.