Stop seeing yogurt only as a base for fruit and start creating fabulous lunches filled with healthy veg, like carrots and beets. You know it’s good for you when it’s as colorful as this one.
Always use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 small assorted color beets (red, golden beet, candy-striped/chioggia) or prepared beets
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 small carrots (I like colorful carrots), cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 cups microgreens, or baby lettuce leaves
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: toasted and chopped hazelnuts, drizzle of good evoo
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drizzle beets with evoo and salt. Wrap in foil and roast at 375°F on prepared sheet until a paring knife can easily pierce with no resistance. Cool, peel, and slice into thin rounds.
3. Divide yogurt between serving bowls and arrange beets, carrots ribbons, microgreens, and shallots. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Garnish with chopped hazelnuts and a good glug of evoo.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.