Be prepared for a pair of beautifully stained magenta lips after eating this! This Russian-inspired ice pop is also full of health benefits. It’s easiest to use fresh store-bought beet juice but you can make your own, of course. If you do, be sure to keep the skins on when you run them through the juicer, since that is where most of the nutrients are stored.
- Prep Time
- 2 ¼ cups fresh beet juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Mix together the beet and lemon juices and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the sour cream until well blended.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice pop molds, leaving ¼ inch at the top to let the mixture expand when it freezes. Insert the ice pop sticks and freeze.
Recipe reprinted from ICE POPS!: 50 Delicious Fresh & Fabulous Icy Treats by Cesar and Nadia Roden.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.