- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 cups assorted citrus sections (grapefruit, blood oranges, tangerines, Meyer lemons)
- 1 fennel bulb, white bulb only, fronds reserved for garnish, shaved on a mandolin or cut thinly and put in acidulated water to preserve the color (water with lemon juice)
- 2 red or golden beets
- 2 cups baby spinach or baby arugula or favorite sturdy greens
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons best quality honey
- ¾ cup best quality extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400
- Lightly rub beets with the tablespoon of olive oil and wrap them in aluminum foil. Roast the beets until they are easily pierced with a paring knife (about 45 minutes-1 hour). Set aside to cool. Once cooled, peel the beets and slice them into thin wedges.
- Drain the fennel.
- Whisk the tangerine juice, honey and olive oil together. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, toss all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl or arrange on individual plates and drizzle lightly with vinaigrette.