Take beets and turn them into a delicious salad. Get the recipe here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 4 medium beets scrubbed, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces marscapone cheese
- Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.
- While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup.
- Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens.
- Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of the cheese.
- Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.