This beet dip is most delicious on top of some simply baked salmon. It's not quite as strong as traditional beet colored horseradish, but instead offers more sweetness and more beet flavor. Look at that gorgeous color, you get lots of eye appeal and lots of nutrients when enjoying this beet dip.
Make ahead tip: Roast beets up to 2 days ahead and keep in fridge until ready to make the dip.
- Prep Time
- 1¼ CupsServings
- 1 cup chopped cooked beets
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated or jarred horseradish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Blend beets, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, horseradish, salt and cumin together, using an immersion blender or food processor. If using a food processor, you may have to scrape down sides of bowl and blend again to ensure a smooth dip.
2. Store covered in fridge, up to a week.