Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Beef Stew with Root Vegetables.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 pound cubed beef chuck
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together carrots, parsnips, turnips and butternut squash in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with cubed beef and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder and cumin and sprinkle over everything.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.