Indian Beef Korma made using almond milk and tofu so that it is without dairy and still creamy and delicious. This dish sits well and reheats well too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 2 lbs. of beef,cut into quarter inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tofu sour cream
- 1 tbsp. cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
1. Boil beef in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes or until soft.
2. In a separate pot, sauté onions, garlic and ginger.
3. Add almond milk, water, tofu sour cream and almond butter. Blend thoroughly until almond butter is fully absorbed.
4. Add spices and herbs.
5. Bring sauce to a boil.
6. Add meat to boiled sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Garnish with cilantro or parsley if desired.