- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Kimchee (optional)
1 Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef brisket in stockpot; brown evenly.
2 Combine water, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour over brisket; bring to a boil.
3 Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
4 Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half.
5 Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce. Serve with kimchee, if desired.