- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 Cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich buns, split and lightly toasted
- As needed green leaf lettuce, washed, dried and chilled
- 12-18 Thin slices red onions
1 Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and shape into 6 patties.
2 Place on an oiled grill and grill over direct medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F and the burger is no longer pink in the center.
3 Baste with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
4 Serve on toasted buns with leaf lettuce and sliced red onions.
Source: National Turkey Federation