If you don't have any pickles on hand or have lots of extra cucumbers lying around you will love this basic beef burger with quick pickles.
In 20 minutes your pickles are ready to top your juicy burger.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgersServings
- 4 Persian or small cucumbers, peeled with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
- 4 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1½ pound ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 4 tablespoon No-Cook BBQ Sauce
- 4 slices red onion
- Prepare the quick pickles. In a small bowl,combine cucumbers, vinegar, salt, and hot sauce. Let marinate for 10 to 20 minutes and drain well before using.
- Meanwhile, divide ground beef into 4 portions and form into ½-inch thick patties. Season both sides lightly with pepper.
- Cook burgers on a preheated grill for 8 minutes per side for medium rare or about 12 minutes per side for medium or longer depending on desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place each burger on an onion roll with 1 tablespoon No-Cook BBQ Sauce, 1 red onion slice, and ¼ cup quick pickles.
TIP: When making burgers, remove the ground meat from the fridge about 20 minutes before forming into patties. Resist the urge to over handle while trying to form perfect-looking burgers. Over handling will cause the meat to toughen.