Basmati rice is a luxuriously perfumed rice that is prized throughout the world. We added panache with gorgeous pistachios and tart cranberries. We urge you to take the time to prepare the brightly flavored candied orange peel garnish. DELICIOUS!
Garnish the rice with Candied Orange Peel.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed several times until the water is not cloudy
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Candied Orange Peel (recipe link under photo)
1. Bring water or broth to a simmer. Add rice, salt, and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, or until liquid level is even with the level of the rice. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to steam to finish cooking.
2. Fold in pistachios and dried cranberries.
3. Garnish with Candied Orange Peel.