- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup packed whole basil leaves
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine the egg whites and basil in a blender; process on low speed until mixture is pureed.
3. Toss egg white mixture with the almonds. Drain in a colander. Stir together cheese, salt and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
4. Add drained almonds and toss to coat. Place almonds in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Source: Almond Board of California