- 12 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 Preheated oven to 400°F.
2 Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
3 In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour, baking powder, salt and nuts.
4 Combine with liquid ingredients and mix slightly until dry ingredients are moistened.
5 Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray and fill 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: Wheat Foods Council