- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 4 extra-ripe,:medium bananas, divided
- 1-1/2 cups:sugar
- 1/2 cup:margarine, softened
- 3 :eggs
- 3 tablespoons:almond liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups:flour
- 1/2 cup:unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon:baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon:salt
- 1/2 cup:chopped Almonds, toasted and ground
- 1 square (1 oz.):semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Quarter the bananas and place them in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth (2 cups).
- n an electric mixing bowl combine the sugar and margarine in large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and liqueur. In a bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, soda, salt and almonds .
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with 1-1/2 cups blended bananas (set aside 1/2 cup of the blended bananas), beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into greased 10-inch bunt pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix, in a small bowl, the remaining blended bananas with melted chocolate, stirring until completely blended.
- Drizzle glaze over top and down sides of cake.