Have you ever combined bananas and blueberries before? My kids could not get enough of the moist and dense cake with bits of yummy blueberry and crunchy topping. Just a nice twist on the regular banana bread. You can even use your own recipe and just add the blueberries and streusel topping. I highly recommend it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted margarine melted, +2 Tbsp for topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cup all-purpose flour +1 Tbsp for topping
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
1. Add the sugar, salt and egg to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the margarine, stirring constantly. Then add the cinnamon and stir to combine.
2. Separately, mix the baking soda and water and add them to the large mixing bowl. Add the flour and stir until just moistened, then add the mashed bananas and stir again.
3. Drop in the blueberries and carefully stir with a spatula to combine.
4. Pour the batter in to a prepared loaf pan and set it aside while making the streusel topping.
5. Mix the flour, brown sugar, and oatmeal then add the melted margarine. Spread the mixture over the banana blueberry bread batter and place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick to make sure the cake is done.