Eggrolls don't have to be fried. Baking not only saves you some fat, but makes them much easier to cook. These vegetarian eggrolls are even better than your local Chinese restaurant, no more take out for you.
You can easily double or triple this recipe and make eggrolls for a crowd.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
1 bunch thinly sliced scallions
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups shredded cabbage
½ cup shredded carrots
3½ ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
8 egg roll wrappers
Kikkoman® Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper then spray with cooking spray.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add sesame oil and scallions, then sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes more or until cabbage is wilted and reduced in size by half. Add teriyaki marinade & sauce to the pan and cook 2 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper on a cutting board or countertop. Place 3 tablespoons of filling in center. Roll pointed edge over filling. Fold the right and left side toward the center of eggrolls and roll tightly. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with sweet chili sauce for dipping.