- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 50 ServingsServings
- 4 large heads roasted garlic (see tip)
- 1-1/2 gallons (3 pounds) portobello or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 quart (1 pound) green onions and tops, sliced
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 9-1/2 pounds frozen cheese tortellini, not thawed
- 3 quarts (1 #10 can) Dark or Light Red Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 quarts (2 pounds) baby peas, frozen or canned
- Parmesan sauce, divided (recipe follows)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) parmesan cheese, shredded
1 Squeeze garlic from heads and mash.
2 Combine mushrooms, green onions, broth, herbs, and garlic in small stockpot; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 20 minutes. 2. Combine mushroom mixture, tortellini, beans, peas, and half the Parmesan sauce.
3 Mix well and spoon into 2 large steamtable pans. Pour remaining sauce over pans; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4 Bake, uncovered, at 350°F until hot and bubbly, about 50 minutes.