Sweet potato latkes have a rich earthiness and satisfying sweetness that make them hard to resist.
- Prep Time
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 large red onion, grated or chopped fine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sweet potatoes, onion, eggs, matzo meal, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spray cooking spray into a non stick sauté pan. Shape 1/4 cup of batter into latkes, flattening them with your hands and brown on each side.
- Remove to a sprayed baking sheet and finish cooking in a 350 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with Gingered Sour Cream.
To make Gingered Sour Cream add 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger to 8 ounces of sour cream.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher