Add any of your favorite potato toppings and enjoy this baked potato in soup form!
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3-4 medium baking potatoes, skin on, well washed (2 pounds)
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced very finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 ounce grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3-4 large green onions, thinly sliced (scallions)
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 350°f oven. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Sauté the shallot, salt and pepper in olive oil for 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat. Add the stock, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, on medium-low for 10 minutes. Add the baked potatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, milk and flour. Add this mixture to the soup, stirring as you pour it in. Bring soup back to a boil and allow to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Garnish each bowl of soup with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onion, or any other potato toppings that you enjoy.