- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 large Portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, divided
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated parmesan cheese
1 Heat oven to broil, with top rack about 4” from broiler.
2 Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Place mushrooms, gill side down, in a 9 inch baking dish
3 Broil for 4 minutes, remove and turn gill side up, broil 4 minutes.
4 Remove mushrooms from baking dish, drain excess liquid. Reduce oven to 400 degrees.
5 Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish, then place mushrooms, gill side up. Sprinkle with basil, red pepper flakes and the remainder of the pasta sauce.
6 Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan; bake 5-10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Remove and serve.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com