These cheddar cheese and pepper baked potatoes can be a side dish or a main dish with a salad on the side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 Idaho potatoes
- 6 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 3 cups sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 8 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
1. Scrub potatoes; dry and pierce with fork. Bake in 425°F. 45 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
2. Saute peppers and onions in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. To serve: Blossom each potato with a fork. Top each with 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Top each with 1/4 cup red pepper mixture, and garnish with 1 teaspoon green onion.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission