These honey crumb doughnuts have just the right amount of sweetness with a touch of honey flavor. They are soft, tender, and sweet and the crumb topping adds a bit of crunch. These doughnuts are the perfect way to end your holiday meal and I love the idea of an individual dessert that is all dressed up and ready to be served to family and friends. They can also be made into muffins or mini muffins.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup dairy-free sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a large doughnut pan and set aside.
2. To make the crumb, combine sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour in the oil and mix until large crumbs form. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat oil, brown sugar, and honey until smooth.
4. Mix in the eggs and sour cream and beat until smooth.
5. Slowly add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
6. Using a piping bag or ziptop bag with the corner snipped off , fill the doughnut pans half way.
7. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of crumb topping on each doughnut.
8. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until the doughnuts are lightly browned around the edges. Carefully pop the doughnuts out of the pan and allow to cool.