This hearty breakfast can double as dinner—no problem. And looky-here, those sweet potatoes and multicolor peppers make a more colorful and elegant hash than your run-of-the-mill version.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cooked chicken or beef sausage links, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, and sauté until browned, about 12 minutes. Add onions and peppers, and sauté until slightly softened, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Add sausages, cumin, salt, and paprika. Sauté 4 minutes. Make 4 little wells in the sweet potato mixture and crack an egg into each area. Transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake until sweet potatoes are tender and eggs are set but yolks are still soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Divide mixture evenly among the plates, giving each person one egg with some hash. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
From the Joy of Kosher Cookbook, order your copy 199 more recipes.