I was looking for a baked breaded chicken that would taste as good as fried and this did the trick.
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 2 1/2 pound skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup soy sour cream (parve)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Place the chicken in a bowl. In a blender or food processor blend the non-dairy sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and oregano. Pour over chicken and mix well, allow to marinate in the fridge at least 1 hour.
2. Lightly spray 2 metal cake cooling racks with vegetable oil spray and place them inside a large rimmed baking sheet.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, crumbs, salt, and pepper.
4. Shake off excess marinade from chicken and coat in bread crumb mix. Place on racks on the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Allow to rest for 20 minutes while oven preheats to 385 degrees F. Bake chicken 45-55 minutes or until browned and crisp.