My perfect meal would be a meal filled with appetizers. This caramelized onion dip is a perfect appetizer for a party. Serve it up with some matzah crackers or potato chips and everyone will be happy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Temp Tee Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup shredded cheese (a mix of fontina and Swiss)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat up butter and olive oil in a saute pan. Add in sliced onions, garlic and the spices.
3. Cook on medium-low for 20 minutes, until caramelized. Once onions have cooked down and caramelized, remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream and onion mixture.
5. Transfer to small baking dish or ramekins. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven carefully and serve hot with crackers or chips. Enjoy!
Photo by: Carrie and Andrew Purcell