Grapes and fresh herbs offer a sweet and savory twist on the classic baked Brie appetizer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 mini Brie wheel (8-ounces)
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh minced
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, freshly minced
- 1 sheet (10-inch square) puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice Brie wheel in half horizontally. Press grapes onto cut side of lower half of cheese. Sprinkle grapes with herbs. Press top of Brie onto grapes, sandwiching them in between the two halves of Brie. Set aside.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 16 by 10-inch rectangle. Cut a 6-inch round and an 8-inch round from puff pastry.
4. Brush smaller round of puff pastry with egg. Set Brie/grape sandwich onto puff pastry.
5. Brush larger round of puff pastry with egg and place egg side down over Brie. Press out any excess air and crimp edges to seal. Decorate top with puff pastry scraps, if desired. Brush outside of Brie with beaten egg.
6. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Tent loosely with foil and return to oven for 10-15 minutes more. Brie should be golden brown and puffy looking.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for one hour before cutting into Brie.