Remarkably easy to prepare, baked brie makes an elegant party appetizer and it is perfect for brunch, too.
- Prep Time
- - ServingsServings
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough or 1 tube of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 wheel of Brie or Camembert Cheese (do not remove rind)
- Currant or other sweet jam
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a non-stick cookie sheet, roll out the puff pastry or the crescent rolls. Place the cheese on top.
- Spread jam on the brie, fold the dough over the top, completely covering the cheese. Cut off excess dough. Drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or apple wedges.