- 4 large baking apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup currants or chopped raisins
- ½ tablespoon vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¾ cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash apples. Remove cores to 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apples. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about 3/4-inch to an inch wide.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, currants/raisins, and pecans. Place apples in round baking pan. Stuff each apple with this mixture. Top with a dot of butter.
- Add wine to the baking pan. Bake 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy. Remove from the oven and baste the apples several times with the pan juices.
- Serve warm with parve vanilla icecream on the side if desired.