Make your Rosh Hashanah even sweeter with these Baked Apples with Golden Raisins, Hazelnuts, and Cider.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large baking apples
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup apple cider
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Wash the apples and remove the core with an apple corer or small knife, leaving about ½ inch of the core on the bottom. Peel the apples halfway down from the top and rub the peeled surfaces with the cut side of the lemon. Put the apples in a baking dish.
2. Mix together the raisins, hazelnuts, honey, and 3 tablespoons cider. Place mixture inside the hollowed apple cores. Pour the remaining cider over the apples.Sprinkle apples lightly with cinnamon.
3. Dot the tops of the apples with equal amounts of coconut oil. Bake apples for 50 to 60 minutes or until they are tender, basting occasionally with the juices.