I showcased this recipe on The Today Show as an easy and nutritious pairing to classic latkes, my grandfathers secret recipe. This is an alternative way to make apple sauce without any added sugar or butter. Gala apples are best due to their higher sugar content.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 6 gala apples, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grate apples on medium side of box grater.
- Mix with cinnamon and nutmeg. Place with water in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes stirring halfway.
- Serve warm cold or at room temperature, as desired.
Eat With: Best Ever Latkes