- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 12 oz salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- For taco filling:
- 1 C green cabbage (about ¼ head), rinsed and shredded
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ C red onion, thinly sliced (or substitute white onion)
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, minced (or substitute ½ tsp ground coriander)
- For marinade:
- 1/2 Tbsp corn oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
1 Preheat grill or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
2 Prepare taco filling by combining all ingredients. Let stand for 10–15 minutes to blend the flavors.
3 To prepare the marinade, combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and salt in a bowl.
4 Place salmon fillets in a flat dish with sides. Pour marinade evenly over fillets.
5 Place salmon fillets on grill or broiler. Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (minimum internal temperature of 145 °F). Remove from the heat and set aside for 2–3 minutes. Cut into strips.
6 To make each taco, fill one tortilla with ¾ cup filling and one salmon fillet.