- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 packet dry citrus marinade
- 3/4 cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 salmon filets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Water
1 Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes.
2 Add 1 tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
3 Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked mushrooms and toss to combine
4 In same sauté pan, add remaining teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
5 Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus marinade mix. Add salmon, seasoned side down, to hot pan and sear 1 minute.
6 Flip over and add water to the pan. Cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and uncover.
7 Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com