Try these fish tacos for an easy, casual entree with a beachy feel.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6 ServingsServings
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cup shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese (may substitute shredded Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod.
- Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
- Place equal amounts of cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.